IEEE WCNC is one of the main venues for researchers, industry professionals, and academics interested in the most advanced and recent contributions to wireless communications, especially regarding the design and development of wireless systems and networks. Sponsored by the IEEE Communications Society, IEEE WCNC has a long history of connecting industry, academia, and regulatory bodies. In 2019, other than mesmerizing its visitors by its beauty, Marrakesh as a major city of Morocco will become the premium venue of the wireless by hosting WCNC'19.
First time in WCNC history, the Demo session provides a venue for the latest breakthroughs in wireless communications and networking to be presented live to the research community. Demos ranging from examples of working prototypes, novel applications, groundbreaking ideas, and live experiments related to all four technical tracks in WCNC are welcome. In particular, we encourage demos from industrial researchers who are leading the way in pushing wireless and networking technology into the hands of the public.
A "Best Demo Award" will be presented based on research value, originality, and presentation.
- The demo papers will be peer-reviewed. The evaluation criteria include: (1) extent and significance of a prototype conveying new research ideas or compelling novel applications; (2) relevance to WCNC scope; (3) potential impact on the audience; (4) quality of the implementation; (5) quality of presentation.
- The demo should be presented in the form of a short technical paper (no more than 2 pages) using the IEEE templates. The paper must illustrate the research contribution of the demo, the practical setup, and the technical requirements.
- The accepted demo papers will also appear in the conference proceedings as well as on IEEE Xplore.
- Demo proposals must be submitted through EDAS submission site: EDAS link
- At least one author of each accepted demo proposal is required to register and present their demo at the conference.
- Accepted demonstrations will be presented at the conference during a special demonstration session.
- The presenter is responsible for the demonstration and equipment setup. Each demonstration should be accompanied by a poster.
- The presenter is expected present and discuss the work during the session.
- For every demonstrator, a large table, a power socket, and Wi-Fi Internet connectivity will be made available.
- Submission Deadline : December 10, 2018
- Acceptance Notification : January 10, 2019
- Camera-ready Submission: 5 February 2019
IEEE WCNC 2019 Demo Co-Chairs
- Madhusanka Liyanage (email@example.com), University of Oulu, Finland
- Salil Kanhere (firstname.lastname@example.org), UNSW Sydney, Australia
Technical Program Committee
- An Braeken, Vrije Universiteit Brussel, Belgium
- Anca Delia Jurcut, University College Dublin, Ireland
- Arsham Farshad, Lancaster University, UK
- Chamitha De Alwis, University of Sri Jayewardenepura, Sri Lanka
- Flavio Esposito, Saint Louis University, USA
- Kanchana Thilakarathna, University of Sydney, Australia
- Pardeep Kumar, Oxford University, UK
- Suranga Seneviratne, University of Sydney, Australia
- Truong Khoa Phan, University College London, UK
- Pawani Porambage, University of Oulu, Finland
- Ahmed Bux Abro, VMware, USA
- Arjuna Madanayake, The University of Arkon, USA
- Edgardo Montes de Oca, Montimage, France
- Simone Soderi, Alstom, Italy
- Jin Wei, University of Akron, USA
- Guillaume Jourjon, Data61-CSIRO, Australia
- Kai Li, CISTER, Portugal
- Francesco Restuccia, Northwestern University, USA
- Bo Wei, Teesside University, UK
- Sougata Sen, Dartmouth College, USA
- Yining Hu, Data61, CSIRO, Australia
- Kimmo Halunen, VTT, Finland
Questions, comments, or concerns? Please drop an e-mail to the Demo Co-Chairs.