STUDENT TRAVEL GRANT INFORMATION
The WCNC 2019 General Chair encourages students to apply for the student travel grants. The final grant amount will be based on available funding and the number of applicants; we anticipate that only some of the total travel expense (i.e., transportation, hotel, and conference registration) will be covered by these grants. Thus, additional funding will be necessary from other sources.
The student travel grants will be used to support a selected group of :
- Student authors of accepted papers at IEEE WCNC 2019
- Students from local universities interested in attending the IEEE WCNC 2019 program
The committee, consisting of the following members, will be deciding on who will be given such travel grants.
- Prof. Fabrizio Granelli, University of Trento, Italy
- Dr. Marwa K. Qaraqe, Hamad Bin Khalifa University, Qatar
- Dr. Konstantinos Samdanis, Nokia Networks, Germany
- Prof. Hassine Moungla, University of Paris Descartes, France
- Dr. Adlen Ksentini, Eurecom, France
Student travel grants will provide student attendees with the opportunity to participate at WCNC 2019. To apply for travel grants, students must submit the following material by 15 Feb. 2019 at:
- Applicant’s CV
- Applicant should confirm that they are a student.
- A letter of interest from the student, briefly summarizing the student’s research interests and accomplishments to date, and including a statement about why the conference attendance is important to the student. If the student is presenting at IEEE WCNC 2019, the letter should also include the title of the paper to appear at WCNC.
- An estimate of the travel costs, including airfare, hotel, and conference registration.
- Supporting letter from student’s advisor. We ask that the advisor confirms that the student has full-time status and is in good academic standing at the given institution. The advisor’s letter also needs to address why the particular student would benefit from attending the conference.
Incomplete applications will not be considered, while complete applications will be evaluated on the strength of the letters and the student's CV. Grant recipients will be reimbursed after the conference after submitting receipts and a brief survey form of their experience at WCNC 2019.